Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

We are well into the Christmas festivities!!! The past few weeks have been a flury of activities, enjoyed by all.

The kids and I have taken in the "walkway of lights" twice a week since it started in late November. It is a great display of lights going on for miles and through the city park, with everything from santa, to dinosaurs to the nativity.

The Children all did an excellent Job of their christmas plays and enjoyed the parties that followed.

Just last weekend we took in one of our favorite holiday events and went to my friend Darlene's home to make gingerbread houses. Well the boys actually made gingerbread trains but, they were great fun to make and eat. Just as I predicted they lasted only two days before they were completely eaten. Luckliy I picked up a kit, to do with the kids on christmas eve, that will be the center piece for the big day.

This week I took in two girlfriend events. On Wednesday we took off at 8 a.m. to go shopping in Fort Wayne and did not return till 9:30 pm. I got a few last minute gifts, as well as spent the good bulk of my christmas money.

The next night an even larger group of us all went to Kokomo for dinner at Olive Garden. We did a gift exchange and then finished the night off with shopping at the mall.

Today, was a day the Kids and I look forward too all season long. It was our second annual "sugar cookie decorating party". Over 20 children showed up and their was icing and sprinkles every where. Every child left with a sugar rush and a memory!!!

Thanks to all of you who have written and sent cards. This is my gift in return. I hope to update this blog spot once every other month or so. Just to keep you all up to date on our lives.

No comments: