Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is Anyone Else Feeling "Stuffed" Yet

Here it is less the a week till Christmas, and yet I already feel like I have had enough season goodies to last me a life time.

Does anyone else, sit back and ponder as I do "Why do we do this to ourselves?". So much junk food, is associated with this season. But could we take away the candy canes and the fudge, and the overindulgence of the "big day" feast, and still feel content?

Don't get me wrong I love the holiday goodies as much as the next person, and I love to bake them too; the smells and even just the simple action of baking brings back a ton of great memories for me. But, it use to be I would make 6 or 8 different things and we ourselves would polish it all off. Now I make those same 6 or 8 favorite different things but I make them before Jack's hospital shift so he can take half to share, or before a holiday party, so we can bring half and share.

Now here is a real "evil" I will confess too, last year, the day after Christmas I was so sick of the goodies, I threw them all out. Yep, fudge and cookies and all into the garbage, this gal had, had enough of the "chub" and took control.

So if you like me love to bake, but hate the leftovers on the body from over indulgence, remember, share and throw out if you must. The memories are in the baking, not in the inches!!!!


No comments: