Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ten things I love about the Season
1. Jesus' birthday, its the main reason for this Season, and I love imagining what it would have been like to have been there.
2. My children as they light up and get so excited.
3. The Christmas light displays, we have a great one here in Marion, but I like visiting others too, thankfully so do my children.
4. Christmas trees. I love just sipping hot tea in a darkened room, no other lights but the Christmas tree and not a soul stirring but me, I take time to remember and give thanks.
5.Giving, not just to the kids and to relatives but to others, and in secret is always best (although I am often found out).
6. Snow, not a lot, it can stay a few weeks though, to help slow me down and take a few extra minutes to reflect.
7. Sleighing in the snow: one thing I love about being a fit mama is that I can get out the crazy carpets along side of my children and go screaming down the one and only good hill for sledding in our corn country town.
8. My hubbies Christmas card for me: I treasure the handwritten words in it. I forget what the gift is but I Cherish his written words.
9. Christmas baking: It brings back memories of mom and all her cookies and canning and Christmas fruit cake, oh if I could only have a piece of her trifle right about now!!! Nothing ever came out of a box in my home growing up.
10. Christmas crackers and advent calenders: Just a few traditions I like to pass on to my kids. I loved opening a door on my advent calender each morning knowing the more doors I saw open the closer it was to Christmas. Now my kids are at those calenders the second they wake up to do the same thing. And Christmas crackers are the only thing that makes it acceptable to wear a paper crown during a fancy dinner affair, now that is dining my style!!!

No comments: