Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cause I do more than paint!

Me stapling in the sub floor!
Work at the Reno, is going slower than we wanted, as usual. BUT, it is not that we have slacked off at all on our part. The furnace that was suppose to take a week to arrive took over 2 weeks, and then man that was installing it, well his truck broke down and he couldn't get there when originally planned so that took another week. With no furnace, we had no steady supply of heat, and we soon ran out of things we could do without a steady supply of heat.
But as of this Monday heat has been successfully turned on and we can now return to working at full speed.
I often get the impression from people that they think all I do on the job is run to the hardware store for parts, or prime and paint walls . Jack and I figured perhaps it was because I take all the photo's so you only ever see Jack at work, cuase it's hard to take a photo of oneself. ( which explains the photo of me in the post below which was taken using a mirror to view the preview screen on the camera).
In our Reno projects, Jack is the foreman and I am the laborer, I do whatever he needs me too, and I am willing to try almost anything.
(I totally drew my skirmish girl, card on ripping up the old sub-floor around the strange toilet EWWWWWW)
Anyways I do more than keep the books, paint and visit hardware stores, I pound out plaster, lift 50lb bags of concrete, help mix conrete, carry in 100's of boards of drywall, pound nails, pull out nails, stable sub-floor, rip out flooring, and sometimes, he even lets me cut (although he thinks I take too much time to make an accurate cut so not often).
God gave me a talent for woodworking, and I love that I am able to dust off a bit of that talent whenever we work on these homes together. I want Courtney to grow up knowing, that a woman can have what is viewed by the world as a "man talent" and still not lose her womanhood.
I AM A WOMAN WHO CAN POUND ONE TYPE OF NAILS, AND PAINT ANOTHER TYPE ALL IN ONE DAY AND PROUD OF IT!

No comments: