Sunday, June 5, 2011


Homemade Ice cream Gone Simple!

I bought a small ice-cream maker on clearance last year, but truth be known (and I like being completely truthful about how we REALLY live on this blog) I have yet to use it.


Mostly cause all the recipes the machine came with call for fancy ingredients and I am all about THE KISS METHOD. Yep KEEP IT SIMPLE SISTER!!! that is me. I love to make homemade, but if I can find a way to make it easier and yet still as nutritious and yummy I am all for it.


So when I read this ladies blog (so wish I could remember it to quote for you but shortly after my favorites tab crashed and i can't remember it) and saw her recipe with its few ingredients, I had to try it.


And it was a success. So simple that Courtney makes it all by herself! and it is cheaper than the premium ice-cream I love (SO NOT a fan of the cheap ice-cream in the huge tub, really read the ingredients list, or better yet put some out on the counter and notice how long it takes to melt even on a hot day! SCARY)


so here is the KISS approved chocolate ice-cream recipe


2 cups heavy whipping creme (unwhipped) (1pint)

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup chocolate syrup (I have a recipe I love for this)

2 tbsp cocoa

a splash of vanilla


1.Beat whip creme in a bowl, add splash of vanilla


2. In another bowl

(preferably one that has a lid so you can freeze it, make sure it is glass or metal)

Beat together sweetened condensed milk, chocolate sauce, and cocoa


3. Fold whipping creme into the other ingredients, beat lightly till mixed.


4. Put on lid and allow to freeze several hours (over night preferred)


Now so far we have only made chocolate cause it is the only flavor everyone in our house agrees on, but we have a tonne of ideas to try once I find another glass bowl with lid at a yard sale or inexpensively some other way.


Jack and I want to put cherries in it, the kids want me to save some cookie dough and make small balls out of it to pre-freeze and then whip in at last moment. Courtney and I think we would like to add some coffee too it. Oh the ideas are endless!!!





No comments: